Monday, December 24, 2007

The Science of Near-Death Experiences

"Consciousness can be experienced in some alternative dimension without our body-linked concepts of time and space. The brain is not producing consciousness, but it enables us to experience our consciousness."

A near-death experience (NDE) is a profound psychological experience, typically occurring in about 10% of people during a physical or emotional trauma, a life-threatening health crisis, or actual clinical death.

Browse the link below to read more in this TIME magazine article.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1657919-1,00.html

2 comments:

Vilves said...

Suresh this is really scaring, after you spoke to me about this. I realised when I had the same incident 7 years ago...very unforgetable moments.

kompellasrinivas said...

Dear Suresh, One of our art directors who was my colleague when I was working with SSC&B Lintas narrated his out of body experience. He had found everyone around his bed and he saw that from the ceiling of the hospital room. Later on Doctor's told him that his heart stopped from some seconds and then revived.
This is what I could recollect as I read your blog.

I love the way your blog is heading! Good work Keep it up buddy.